As provided for under Sec. 4(1) of its Act of Establishment, the mandated functions of COASCO are as follows;
- i. To provide audit services to Pre- cooperative groups, Cooperative societies; private or public companies and other organization
- ii. To provide supervision services to pre-Cooperative groups and Cooperative Societies
- iii. To formulate audit and accounting policies for adoption by Societies
- iv. To carry out research and consultancy services
- v. To monitor other audit firms which shall conduct auditing services to pre-cooperative groups and Cooperative Societies and
- vi. To do anything which may facilitate the proper services of the function of the corporation.